Thursday, December 30, 2010

Zips Diner- Dayville, CT

This is part of why we'll come back....but only partly.
Zips Diner in Dayville was just a 'winging it' kind-of-day... We felt like hitting a diner on a Sunday brunch mode. We looked up diners on the internet and this one spoke highly of their breakfasts, and their coconut cream and banana cream pies. My personal favorites.

 It's a perfect redition of the old steel hulled diners, and it was pretty packed for a Sunday - late morning. We almost missed this sign below, because we were looking for the 'diner'. I know, I know... it really is hard to miss the sign.
It was fun to see the old cars that came into the parking lot....This guy was only one of a few out for a drive. Nice day for it, too.


Walk inside and it takes you back in time....the stools, the chrome... beautiful. 
 And then there was the food!!!!..... Oh, yeah.....Hubby decided on the breakfast, ala traditional. Eggs homefries and hash. The hash was in addition to the breakfast choice, but sooooo worth it.
 
I opted for the club sandwich. It was very good, but aren't they all? I truly couldn't wait for the dessert!!!! 

The photo's a little fuzzy, so I think we have to go back for another photo opp. It was sooooo good. No, really. Good, with a capitol G. I almost didn't want to eat all of it, so I could bring some home in the doggie bag that I'd started with the club sandwich (great lunch for work tomorrow).


Could I leave it? ....Nope. gone.

I did end up with a nice lunch for work the next day. 
 I'm giving you a sneak peak at the bathroom....dilema? check out my bthroom blog to see the interesting critique on this one... http://www.tripstothejohn.blogspot.com/

 The fun part about hitting the bathroom was on the way out and back into the diner was, that you had to go through the 'dining car' entrance and 'lo and behold, there was an old fashioned phone booth! Wished it worked. I would have spent money to make a call. 
Oh well, ... we'll have to come back to try something else out.

No comments:

Post a Comment