Thursday, December 30, 2010

What to do with leftovers for Breakfast...?

Sweet Potato Hash and Eggs
This has become one of my favorites....It's what to do with leftover Christmas dinner.
We had Ham and Sweet potatoes among other good stuff, and lots of ham leftover. I felt like eggs, so I took some ham (with pieces of the pineapple glaze still attached), chopped it up, half an onion and a wedge of green pepper (chopped both of them up fine), saute it in a pan.


Take a cooked sweet potato and chunk it up add to the pan, get it all nice a warmed up, toasty golden brown.... smear out a divot in the center and add an egg.



Since I prefer my eggs over hard or scrambled, I took the spatula and smooshed it around until it broke up, then let it cook enough to keep the pieces all together (I smooshed the egg so it covered all the loose pieces of the 'hash'), flipped it over gently and .....yum! I'll make this one again. And again...and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment