Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Sweet Frog - Manchester

Where: Sweet Frog
1500 Pleasant Valley road
Manchester, CT
860-648-0616

When: This must be at least my 10th trip since they opened on Mother's day, 2013.


Okay, I must admit I call it Sweet FrogS (with an S), and it's wrong, but it's just me. I was first introduced to Sweet Frog on Facebook, by my family who went to another store in Tolland. THEY were the ones who said Manchester would soon have one coming and since it's closer, I'm in!

 
 I have to say I've never seen anyone in here without a smile, at least not once they have their cup of fabulousness! It's bright a cheery and 'fun' inside. FUN. That's the word. It's a place I'd love to work in. You make people happy with what you do. AND they donate back to the community, too! What more could you ask for?

 Tracy, the manager in Manchester, has always been so pleasant and helpful. If you've never been in and want to sample one of the 16 flavors, ask. They have those small paper cups (the kind you get ketchup and tartar sauce squirted into at the beach) that you can use to just release a dab and taste. Not your flavor? Try another. They really only want to see you happy. (How is that for a concept?)
This is one of their new flavors (which can change every week). Orange Burst and Strawberry lemonade. Push the lever on the left, get one flavor. Push the one on the right, get the other. Push the one in the middle....you get a TWIST of both! Yummy....

 Okay, so I have my choices...cocnut on the very bottom (you can't really see it), a twist of orange burst and strawberry lemonade, and a plop of mint and coffee (yeah, know... but that what makes it really unique! YOU get to choose the conbinations--or be a purist-- and figure out it your 'combo' works or doesn't). I must admit I may not do the mint again (I don't even like mint ice cream, so I'm not sure why I chose that one).

 Anyway, here are the toppings.... over 50 of them (actually, Manchester has 60). All are labeled on the spoons and, yes if you want to try one of the more unsual ones, ask (poppers were my test--they passed!)
 There are so many choices of fruit (think of it as healthy)....
 and the 'textured' section... crushed up candy bars, nuts, granolas. All the stuff that will add texture to ice cream.


 And then there is the 'sauce' area....and the sprinkles (for fun)
 
And what place that serves anything this cold and yummy doesn't have hot fudge and caramel? Oh, yeah.....Be careful, though. You pay by the ounce. Mine cost $5.47. But well worth it.
 I must say I don't add too much, no whipped cream.....but doesn't it look yummy????
It WAS! oh. And that card? It's called a loyalty card. When you purchase 10 cupfuls, you get one free. And yes, mine is almost ready for another free one (you can use it on the heaviest one, since you pay by the ounce). My SECOND loyalty card, mind you....

Oh, this place is heaven. Really.......

No comments:

Post a Comment