Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Margate

Where: Laconia, NH

When: October 6, 2012

The event: RJ & Kristel's wedding

Okay, I know that this was a 'wedding' menu, but since they have a restaurant in the resort, I'm assuming you could get this meal there, even if you were just coming in to eat. That being said, I'm gonna tell you what my impression of the meal was, just in case.

Appetizers were very good.... sausage and meatballs were tasty, but not extradinaire...but the little items on the bottom right (looked like wontons) were REALLY delicious. Not sure what was in them, but they tasted oriental.

They did come around with other appetizers (stuffed mushrooms- stuffed with sweet potato, goat cheese and spinach pizza chunks). Nice assortment.
 
 The salad was nothing to rave about, but several at our table laughed about 'casing' the lettuce around the plate. Too lacy for me! I happen to like color in my salad, not just fluff.
 This was my dinner.... Roasted stuffed pork loin, with pecans and cranberries (perfect for fall), along with smashed potato and mashed sweet potato (which had chunks of apple in it.... VERY delicious).
 My hubby had chicken with my same sides.... He said it was good (I have to have him elaborate more. Doesn't he know he's getting quoted on this blog???). Personally, it looked like a chicken crouquette.

No comments:

Post a Comment