Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Leftovers" Pizza!

What do you do with leftovers?  If you notice the last post, I made some wonderful sesame chicken (if I do say so myself). I used whole wheat pizza dough, bought from the store. I chopped up the leftover chicken (which had spinach and tomatoes- halved grape tomatoes), had a few slices of ham and cheddar deli meats, some broccoli-which I put in the microwave for 1 minute, and sprinkle with cheddar & feta cheese (using up the leftovers in the frig). I cooked this on a stone that was preheated. The bag of pizza said to cook at 450 degrees for 20 mins., but I shortened the time by 2-5 mins.
This is the second pizza, made the same way, but put on a baking sheet. It was thinner, and cooked a little too much. Okay, but not as good as the round pizza. Obviously, Kai (grandson who helped sprinkle things on the pizzas) decided snacking on a cone bottom was as good as the pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment