Monday, May 30, 2011

Moody's Diner-5 Ocean Fish Chowdah!

When: May 22, 2011
Where: Waldeboro, Maine
Forks: 4-5 (chowdah= 8 forks)

This place is the typical "Wicked Good" diner in Maine. It's been there forever and has photos of the history of itself and the owners, past and present. BUSY, booths and stools, and the typical Maine accent from those employed he-ah.

This was on our trip home from our Maine vacation in May. As much as we like to travel to Maine in the 'non-tourist' season, this place was REALLY BUSY!! This was our lunch... a Chef Salad for my husband and cup of fish chowdah and half a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich. I wasn't sure what to expect, but when I got this cup, I'd wished I'd gotten a HUGE bowl!
Just LOOK at the hunks of FISH in there!!!!! It was so packed with fish and potato chunks, in a thin, buttery broth, I couldn't believe it. And the flavor was delicious, too.

One of the other items we added to our lunch was crunchy sweet potato fries (front) and paperthin strings of onion rings (delicious!). I asked for some mayo (I think they used Cain's), and added maple syrup (although it wasn't the 'real stuff...darn!) and salt and pepper to it for a dipping sauce for the fries. Not as good as Corey's Catsup & Mustard, but workable.
Great stop!! (Why did I call it the 5 Ocean Fish Chowdah?? Because i think they had all the fish from 5 oceans in one bowl!)

No comments:

Post a Comment