Monday, May 30, 2011

Epi's Subs & Pizza

When : May 2011
Where: Bar Harbor, Maine
Forks: 2-3

Since it was the off-season (and a drizzly day), it wasn't busy in Bar Harbor, which is usually a tourist-mecca in the summer (hence, why we don't go to Maine then). Many places aren't even open until Memorial Day, but those that are, you can bet are usually frequented by the locals, so you think they should be good.

When you walk into  small pizza place and don't know what to order (because they have so much more!), and then they say they have fresh roasted turkey that they are making turkey sandwiches AND it's going on home-made bread (!!), you can bet that's what I having! And since I couldn't decided which bread to have (honey whole wheat or white), I had one of each. I watched them carve it off the freshly baked loaf. What made it extra special is that they added cranberry/mayo and added turkey gravy to it. (Yeah, I know... the calories.)

Lee had an Italian sub and said it was 'okay',but I'm sure not as good as mine.

I loved the look of that thin sliced pizza, but it had more grease on it (and on my hand, which dripped to my wrist and further), so I guess the taste on it wasn't as great as I expected. Good, not great.


No comments:

Post a Comment