Friday, March 1, 2013

The Gathering

Where:
The Gathering
471 Hartford Road
Manchester, CT 06040


When: March 1, 2013

Circumstance:





My aunt and I always take my mom out for her birthday (today) and this year we decided to go someplace different. She wouldn't decide so I made the decision, unfortunately. My hubby and I have had breakfast at this place and it was good, but I was almost embarrassed by the price for what we got for this luncheon.

Mom and Auntie N both got the Patty Melt ($8.95), but on different breads. I got the Chicken Cheddar melt ($8.95) and although the portion was good on my sandwich (Portuguese roll), the cheese didn't look cheddar. AND we didn't even get French fries with it, just a slight handful of chips and a limp pickle.

The other disappointment was they carry NO DESSERT!! Since we went there for her birthday, I thought we'd get a luscious dessert, but they didn't have ANYTHING!

I've reviewed this place for their breakfast and they apparently didn't heed anything I said about their great TV going in the corner of the ceiling. It has a great station on (COZI- old 1940-50's style shows), but they have it muted. I said they should have the subtitles ON so someone who was eating by themselves that wanted to enjoy it, could actually figure out what was going on. Otherwise, why have it on at all!

Breakfast was fine, but lunch? ... not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment