Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fun in the kitchen with my grandson....Hotdogs and pasta!

I saw a great photo posted on Facebook and decided one morning to just 'do it'!
I later did some with my grandson when I got home from work and it was WAY more fun with him.
Here's why....
This is what my plate of cut up hotdogs and pasta looked like before I cooked them (boiled them for 10 mins--the time the pasta said to cook it). I was 'uninventive' when you look at HIS hotdogs! He made them into stars, robots, aliens, etc....see?
And HE was liking them, too, until I told him that the water was ready and they were 'going in for a bath'!..."What, Gramma??"

Then we get to EAT them....! You should have seen how fast he grabbed two of his and held them tightly to his chest!! LOL... "Gramma, you CAN'T cook my guys!!"
Once he realized they would be fine, he let me do them as long as HE could make them jump 'off the plank, like the pirates'. Whoooo boy, what we don't do for fun with the kids. But this face says it all...
Good eats!!!!(We dipped them in ketchup, but I could see a fondue pot with cheese...hmmm). I figured out later that snapping the long spaghetti in half worked better. The 'legs' weren't as long. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment