Thursday, September 2, 2010

Farmer's Market in Summer

Don'tcha just love the fresh vegetables in the summer, especially at a farmer's market?
We have one in town every Sat morning until noon and I love going to the different tables to see what is being picked lately.  Those little plums in the bowl were the sweetest plums I've EVER tasted in my life!!! Some even have baked good, too (yes, I had to test it out, as you can see-- was great!)
 or just flowers, which is nice because my grandson, Malakai, loves to pick some out for me.
The only problem is, that the zinnia's and some gerber daisy's have bends in the stems .... We've even been known to 'duct tape' them to a toothpick. (Kai was upset that 'it broke'.)
Nothing better than rinsing them off in the sink as soon as they are home,...then enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment